- The gentrification project in Kennedy Plaza was discussed. It appears that there is a plan to remove the snow-melting apparatus which is said to have cost $millions. The project overall will make for fewer bus stops with dispersed hubs about the downcity area, making transferring less convenient, with fewer hubs.
- Actions by RIPTA Riders TBA.
- A new Peace group formation is in general discussion, a kind of revival of RIMC yet, new and independent in its own right. Thoughts welcome.
- The Solidarity with Palestine rally this date went very well with very good attendance of well over 100 people. Some thought as many as 300 had attended. It was a somber yet energetic event, with the reading of the names of those killed so far. A lot of information was shared while the tragedy of the situation was being brought into the open. Many passing cars honked in support.
- The Nat. Gat., National Gathering of Occupy III will meet in Sacramento, 7/31 to 8/3, Lia has been awarded a grant to attend and be a presenter of: Building a solidarity economy though a culture of peace. Best wishes and we’ll look forward to a report back upon her return.
- Bell Street Chapel is considering hosting Occupy Providence for General Assembly this coming winter … more to follow.
Notes by Terry.