6 OP members in attendance. 2 members of Occupy Boston and 1 of Occupy Atlanta (3 more OP members came late)
- Robert Malin is planning a video chronicling OP’s history especially as he saw it through his eyes. Lia will help him gather photos and videos and interviews. Robert is interested in getting in touch with Dave who took a lot of video. We discussed Taveras’ role and the upcoming gubernatorial election.
- We were unanimous about a feeling of wanting to be for causes rather than against. We are planning peace actions during the summer and fall. We discussed various focuses and goals including advocating peaceful solutions in the middle east, demanding peace education, and legislation.
- Various locations and dates for the summer action were proposed. We settled on early August but no exact date yet. There are a couple of parks in Providence that would be suitable. Children and different health and healing ideas will be a part of the action.
- The fall action will be in South County on September 21st. A coalition of groups will be involved. (Comment added by Peter: also mark September 20th and 21st on your calendar to Demand Action on Climate Change in NYC.)
- Inventory is finished.
- We discussed having at least one of us but maybe more at every possible candidate’s forum or similar event during the upcoming election season. Peter will be on the lookout for these opportunities and keep us informed. (and added: “He’ll need all the help he can get.”)
- Next meeting at the People’s Park next Saturday? The UUs will be in town full force, their big yearly gathering in in Providence this year.
- Thursday at 11:30 AM is the rally for fair wages at the Renaissance Hotel